Pratt is seeking an Administrative Assistant – Summer Camps CLOSED
06/21/2016Part-Time/On-Call Administrative Assistant – Summer Camps
The Part-Time/On-Call Administrative Assistant primarily provides support to the Youth Summer Camp program during the time period of July 5th- August 12th. This position will be responsible for opening the campus each morning and preparing the school to receive summer camp attendees. This position will be responsible for the administration of all program paperwork and functions including checking-in youth camp students each morning and responding to parent inquiries and requests. The assistant will coordinate with the Youth instructors and Youth Studio Manager on a regular basis. Additionally, this position performs front desk public reception and information functions, and supports a variety of administrative efforts. This position works closely with the Customer Service Manager to support Pratt staff, instructors, and students.
The on-call assistant is a part-time position that reports to the Customer Service Manager. The position will consist of opening shifts, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-11:00am , averaging 15 hours per week during the summer camp program (July 5th-August 12th) and will present opportunities for additional front desk shift coverage on an on-call basis. The front desk is open from 9am-10pm seven days a week. The successful candidate will have a flexible and open availability. The position pays $12/hr.
- Experience working with children of various ages
- Punctuality and reliability
- Strong customer service skills
- Database proficiency
- Interpersonal savvy
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Arts background preferred
Youth Summer Program
- Ensure campus is open by 8am
- Check in students and ensure waiver is in place
- Be a resource for parents and students
- Provide administrative support to youth Instructors
- Provide a welcoming environment for all visitors.
- Answer and direct incoming calls.
- Provide initial information about Pratt to the public, potential students, studio artists, and volunteers. Answer general questions about classes, facilities programs and galleries.
- Troubleshoot problems that staff, students, and instructors may have and/or direct them to appropriate person(s).
- Receive, direct or process paperwork, e.g. registrations, donations, memberships, studio payments, etc.
- Direct visitors to appropriate staff and inform visitors of basic safety rules.
- Schedule access orientation and testing appointments.
- Give tours of Pratt’s studios and facilities.
- Ensure that forms, catalogs, copier paper and office supplies are stocked.
- Keep lobby and front desk areas clean.
- Update studio access information and book access appointments.
- Maintain office bulletin boards.
- Troubleshoot office equipment such as the photocopier, fax machine, and postage meter.
- Support development, administrative and education staff in mailings, proofreading, and other tasks, as assigned.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Pratt Fine Arts Center, 1902 South Main Street, Seattle, WA 98144
Application Deadline: June 18th, 2016