Pratt Seeks Events and Artist Engagement Manager – CLOSED (deadline 7/31)
07/22/2015Department(s): Marketing, Development, Programs
Reports to Marketing Director
Are you an experienced events manager who is always looking to add a new ‘wow’ factor and improve upon established events? Do you like interfacing with interesting artists? If so, then join our team! Pratt Fine Arts Center is seeking an Events and Artist Engagement Manager to produce a variety of community events and maintain positive working relationships with our robust artist community. A successful Events and Artist Engagement Manager plans ahead, loves details, data and logistics, and works collaboratively to design and execute innovative programs and fun events.
This position is responsible for planning, producing and managing Pratt’s community engagement events including, but not limited to: bi-annual open houses, donor stewardship events, and the Holiday Art Sale. The position also oversees Pratt’s growing group events program, which features customized on-site art parties and corporate events throughout the year.
The Events and Artist Engagement Manager also plays a critical role in procuring and managing artwork and experience donations for Pratt’s Annual Fine Art Auction. Responsibilities include: the administration of artist donor call and jury selection process; receiving, packing and storage of items; all logistics related to the photography, transportation and installation of donated artwork; as well as impeccable record keeping and consistent communications with the donating artists.
Finally, this position also manages Pratt’s scholarship program by shepherding each scholarship from beginning to end including the calls for applications, selection process and successful execution of the program.
The Events and Artist Engagement Manager reports directly to the Marketing Director.
Summary of essential job functions
• Develop and produce events that meet or exceed organizational expectations. Successfully maintain and grow relationships with our artist community, donors, scholarship recipients and teaching artists.
• Develop and manage budgets, logistics, and workflow for each event
• Establish timelines and set clear deadlines for other staff members as needed
• Identify and work with vendors, suppliers and consultants as needed and budgeted to support production of all events
• Work with staff and board to identify and secure in-kind donations of goods and services for all events
• Oversee receiving and processing of group event payments
• Manage necessary vendor and artist payment following all events
• Implement various evaluation tools to measure effectiveness; apply conclusions to the improvement of future events
• Secure, schedule, and manage volunteers as needed
Specific job functions per event:
• Open Houses (10%): produce a minimum of two open house events each year to showcase Pratt’s programs and promote classes; feature artist demonstrations and interactive, family-friendly experiences throughout the Pratt campus
• Holiday Art Sale (30%): produce a festive, multi-day art shopping event on Pratt’s campus; secure artist participation and manage all logistics required to create a temporary, consignment-style retail operation
• Group Events (20%): field incoming requests and cultivate new sources for art parties and corporate events; work with clients to customize event experiences; work with studio managers and instructors to produce a high-quality artistic experience for groups
• Annual Fine Art Auction (30%): manage the art and experience procurement process of Pratt’s largest annual fundraising event; oversee jury selection process; manage delivery, packing, transportation and installation of donated items; complete post-event reports and artist donor acknowledgements
• Scholarship Management (10%): work with Pratt’s staff and education committee to define Pratt’s funded and unfunded scholarships. Market and promote each scholarship call to local, regional and national outlets. Manage all incoming applications, selection process, and correspondence with applicants.
• 2+ years experience in a relevant field, including the production of large scale events
• Superior customer service and relationship-building skills
• Demonstrated passion for event planning and logistics management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines with overlapping workflows
• Superior organizational skills with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to manage and motivate volunteers
• Planning, organizational and budget skills
• Good team player with patience, a sense of humor, and a “can-do” optimistic attitude
• Creative and entrepreneurial approach to challenges
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or Auction Tracker a plus (or ability to learn new software quickly)
• Ability to work variable hours including nights and weekends during event “high” season
• Interest in and knowledge of the visual arts community
• Experience with auctions (art auctions in particular) is highly desired
Special abilities required
• Ability to be trained on the job quickly, efficiently and accurately
• Ability to adapt to an evolving organizational structure
Compensation: $40-45k annual salary range DOE + medical, dental, and long-term disability. Employee-paid short-term disability and retirement programs are provided, but are optional. Also includes generous in-kind benefits in the form of class registrations and studio access.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to Lindsay Walter, Marketing Director, at email@example.com with “Events and Artist Engagement Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
July 31, 2015
Anticipated August 31, 2015