Pratt is seeking a part-time Events Coordinator
Title: Part-Time Events Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Director
Part-time: 20-25 hours per week (including some nights/weekends)
Compensation: $18-20 per hour, DOE
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Events Coordinator will be tasked with planning and executing Pratt events year round, including Pratt’s signature events, community events, corporate events and Art Parties, as well as any other events as determined by the Marketing or Executive Director. Additionally, the Events Coordinator will assist heavily in planning the Instructor / Donor Appreciation parties.
Essential Job Functions
- Align the events calendar to the overall marketing and communications strategy
- Work with the Marketing team, Development team, and Studio Managers to develop and implement Pratt events’ strategy effectively and on time.
- Maintain strong relationships with instructors, artists, event vendors, and related arts and culture / community partners.
- Ensure all logistical details such as area set-up, art demonstrations, instructors scheduling and permits are planned effectively.
- Participate in contract negotiations and evaluations with a variety of vendors.
- When needed, establish flow of the event and assist in overall execution.
- On-site management of the assigned events.
- Must be available for occasional weekend / after-hours events.
- Assist with budget development, forecasting and expense control.
- Monitor event registration and after-event reports.
Identify and prospect potential clients and partners.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities / Educational Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of event marketing and communications, proven success in planning and executing arts/community events, solid project management skills, and strong attention to detail and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience leading and successfully delivering events
- Demonstrated success in event management and project management
- Able to handle simultaneous tasks, organize and complete tasks in a timely and cost-effective fashion
- Able to handle pressure situations and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent organizational skills
- Careful attention to details
- 3-5 years of event experience which includes planning and coordination of meetings and events
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, Board members, artists and partner organizations.
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Evaluate, measure and report on strategic effectiveness of the overall event
- Must be able to think on their feet and outside the box
- Art education/background preferred, but not required
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Pratt Fine Arts Center is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, membership or educational programs and activities. Furthermore, Pratt Fine Arts Center is committed to retaining to a racially diverse team. People of color are encouraged to apply.
To apply: send a resume and cover letter to Karina San Juan, Director of Marketing and Communications, via email at email@example.com. Please include your name in the email subject. No drop-ins, please. Deadline to apply: November 10th, 2017